Claudia W. EnglisbyAssociate
Simply stated, Claudia understands.
When you speak with Claudia about your legal matters, she encourages you to tell a complete story. She listens and will form an in-depth analysis of your situation with both you and each generation of your family in mind.
Claudia will help guide your family through all life cycles.
Whether you need estate planning, special needs planning, asset preservation planning, or Medicaid eligibility planning, you can rest assured knowing that you are in good hands with Claudia.
She received her Juris Doctorate degree from Western New England School of Law where she also went the extra mile and earned a Master of Law (LL.M.) degree in Estate Planning and Elder Law. Her LL.M. studies and personal experiences make her a logical choice as an Attorney who will craft your plans, protect your well-being, and maximize public benefits.
Speaking of public benefits, Claudia has a keen understanding of the services provided by federal and state public benefit programs. Programs such as Medicaid and State Medicaid Waiver programs (like Money Follows the Person, Connecticut Home Care Program for Elders, and Working While Disabled).
Yes, these programs are super-complex. But you don’t have to worry about that. Claudia will simplify eligibility rules and explain how program services may benefit you or your loved one.
When she is not in the office practicing law, Claudia is busy giving back to the Hartford community. She serves on the Board of Directors for HARC and is a past volunteer business mentor for the non-profit organization, Score, Inc.
Claudia lives in Simsbury with her family and spends much of her free time on a river’s edge supporting Simsbury Crew where she also serves on the Board of Directors for Friends of Simsbury Crew.
Other impressive things
- Before she joined CzepigaDalyPope, Claudia had her own practice in Maryland. She can practice law in both Connecticut and Maryland.
- Claudia is fluent in Spanish. This allows her to work with a wide range of people in Connecticut.
- She is an adjunct Professor at the University of Hartford, Paralegal Department, where she teaches Elder Law.
- She is a frequent speaker before professional and public groups about elder law, estate planning, asset protection, long term care planning, and special needs planning.
- Member of the Connecticut State Bar Association, Elder Law Section and Estates and Probate Section
- Co-chair of the Hartford County Bar Association, Elder Law Section
- The American Bar Association
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA)