Claudia W. EnglisbyAssociate
Claudia is the Chair of our Special Needs Department for CzepigaDalyPope. She earned her Juris Doctorate degree from Western New England School of Law where she also went the extra mile to further her knowledge of elder law by earning a Master of Law (LL.M.) degree in Estate Planning and Elder Law. She uses this expertise to craft plans to preserve wealth, protect your well-being and maximize public benefits.
Her practice focuses on planning for elders and persons with special needs of all ages. When you create a plan with Claudia, it includes an in-depth analysis of each generation of your family. This approach allows her to guide your family through all life cycles.
She has a keen understanding of federal and state public benefit programs and the services available through such programs. This is an essential skill in life planning for persons with special needs. Some of these programs include Medicaid, state and federal Medicaid waiver programs, Money Follows the Person, Connecticut Home Care Program for Elders, and Community First Choice.
Claudia is well-versed in asset preservation strategies and estate planning for traditional and non-traditional families. She is often asked to collaborate with other attorneys who practice in the areas of family law and in catastrophic personal injury cases.
She leads a team including several trust administrators and a financial analyst who administer various trusts, including special needs trusts. This requires a unique understanding of how proper trust distributions should maximize resources for persons with disabilities.
Other Impressive Things
- Prior to joining CzepigaDalyPope, Claudia had a solo practice in Maryland.
- She is a frequent speaker before professional and public groups about elder law and special needs planning.
- Claudia is fluent in Spanish. This allows her to work with a wide range of people in Connecticut.
- She is an adjunct professor at the University of Hartford, Paralegal Department, where she teaches elder law.
- Member of the Connecticut State Bar Association; LGBT section, Estates and Probate section, and the Elder Law section where she is a member of the CLE committee and of which she is also recently named the Ambassador for Diversity.
- American Bar Association
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA)
- Co-Chair of the Elder Law Section of the Hartford County Bar Association.
- Past member of the Board of Directors for HARC, Inc.
Claudia lives in Simsbury with her husband and daughter. She has an adult son who lives nearby in West Hartford. When she is not in the office, she can usually be found at a river’s edge watching her daughter row and supporting all of the crews of Simsbury High School.