Turning 18 is a momentous occasion! For your child with special needs, this new adult status also creates new benefit and decision-making structures that you need to be aware of. With a variety of decision making options, it is important to consider what is appropriate for your child.
In this webinar, Attorney Colleen Masse explains how supported decision making works, reviews the different helpful estate planning documents needed, and discusses how to use available public benefit programs that can help your child live as independently as possible.
What else will you learn from this webinar?
- What are a power of attorney and advance directives and what do they do?
- What is the difference between conservatorships and guardianships?
- What are the asset limits for Medicaid and SSI in Connecticut?
- What are the different types of public benefit programs available and what does each do?
- How can a trust help protect public benefit eligibility?
Want to listen to this webinar? Just fill out the form to the right!