Kathleen D. TetreaultAssociate
Kathleen is passionate about lending a voice to individuals with special needs. When you work with Kathleen, she will stand firmly to ensure your rights are protected and your future is secure.
When you meet Kathleen, you’ll immediately feel at ease. She extends compassion and understanding to all of her clients. You can expect to receive the same level of diligence and dedication that she would extend to her own family.
And she’ll work tirelessly advocating for you, making sure you have a plan that puts the legal, financial and housing pieces in place so you can live as independently as possible.
- Her experience with the complicated Medicaid application process and her in-depth knowledge of public programs will help protect your eligibility to receive the benefits that will add to your quality of life.
- For students with disabilities who are preparing to transition out of school or for the individual getting ready to leave the family home, Kathleen will offer guidance for housing options and overall planning for the transition. Before joining us, Kathleen worked as a special education attorney and represented parents of students with special needs. She understands this complex and intimidating time and will lighten your burden.
Kathleen also has a close family member with an intellectual disability, so she has unique insight in to your concerns and can truly relate to what you’re going through.
Outside the office, Kathleen finds great joy in music. She has been singing her whole life and minored in Theater Performance for her undergraduate degree.
Kathleen loves volunteering. She has volunteered with the CT Special Olympics for years. She and her father created a tennis program for the Special Olympics in Middletown where they both serve as coaches for the team. Her favorite part of volunteering is the personal connections she forms with the athletes and their family members.
What She Does
- Special needs planning
- Medicaid applications
- Public Benefits
- Elder Law and Estate Planning
Other Impressive Things
- JD, Western New England University School of Law, magna cum laude
- BA, Philosophy, Central Connecticut State University, summa cum laude
- Selected as Student Commencement Speaker
- Licensed to practice law in both CT and MA
- CBA Elder Law and Estate Planning Sections
- Member, Hartford County Bar Association
- Member, Academy of Special Needs Planners
- Special Olympics Youth Advisory Board
- Greater Middletown Special Olympics