Over the years, you’ve built your estate piece-by-piece. You may have attained significant wealth, or you may have a home and some savings. Regardless of size, you need to protect it and may want to leave a legacy.
Wouldn’t it make sense to work with an estate planning attorney who knows first-hand what it takes to build an estate and accumulate wealth?
Meet Ruth Fortune.
Before joining the team at Czepiga Daly Pope & Perri, Ruth was a financial advisor with Merrill Lynch. In this role, she focused on getting to know her clients and truly understanding their financial goals. Whether their wishes included developing an investment strategy or planning for retirement, Ruth worked with her clients to build comprehensive plans that would help them on their road to financial security.
Now as a Connecticut estate planning attorney, Ruth helps you protect all that you’ve built. You can count on her to guide you in laying out a plan that ensures your wishes are carried out and that your assets go to the right people at the right time in the right way. She can also help you create a carefully designed and thorough Medicaid plan to protect your assets from the high cost of long-term care expenses and nursing home care.
Ruth graduated cum laude from Baruch College in Manhattan with a Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance and Investments and a double minor in Political Science and Philosophy. She received her Juris Doctorate from the University of Connecticut School of Law in Hartford.
Ruth lives with her family in Hartford’s West End. When Ruth is not being an attorney, wife, daughter and mom, she practices hot yoga and enjoys oil painting (not at the same time).What she does:
- Estate Planning
- Elder Law
- Probate Settlement
- Trust Administration
- Medicaid Planning
- Board member, Community Health Resources (CHR)
- Past board member, West End Civic Association (WECA)
- Speaks French and is fluent in Creole
- Member of the Connecticut Moot Court Board
- Member of the Junior League of Hartford
- Holds the following Licenses: Series 7; Series 66; Producer- Life, Accident/Health, Variable Annuities, Variable Life
- Member of the Estate and Business Planning Council of Hartford (EBPC Hartford)
- Hartford Foundation for Public Giving's Professional Advisory Committee