Skip RogersOf Counsel
For nearly 40 years, Norman “Skip” Rogers has been helping Connecticut residents with probate, commercial and residential real estate, lending and business planning
Before starting his own law practice in New Hartford, Connecticut, Skip spent a number of years in the banking and finance industry, serving as associate counsel with Hartford National Bank, and then for 10 years, as counsel and subsequently senior vice president with a subsidiary of Barclays Bank PLC.
Skip’s father served as a probate judge for 23 years. In true “apple falling from the tree” fashion, Skip succeeded his father as probate judge for the district of New Hartford - a position he retired from after 20 years of service.
Skip is fond of the outdoors. For six years he chaired the Farmington River Wild and Scenic Committee, which led to the designation of the Farmington River as a National Wild and Scenic River. He was a past and founding board member of the Connecticut Farmland Trust.
Skip received a B.A. degree with honors from Hartwick College in 1972. He served a tour of duty in the U.S. Navy, and then graduated cum laude from Western New England Law School in 1979. He went on to earn an LL.M degree in taxation from Boston University School of Law in 1997Affiliations
- Past member of the Connecticut Probate Assembly's Executive Committee
- Past Member of the Connecticut Probate Practice Book Revision Committee
- Served as a member of the field staff for U.S. Senator Lowell Weicker for six years
- Served as Executive Secretary of the Connecticut Probate Assembly
- Past board member of the New Hartford Historical Society
- Past board member the Northwest Connecticut YMCA
- Board member Northwest Connecticut Community Foundation
- Past board member Chamber of Commerce of Northwest Connecticut
- Board member Northwestern Connecticut Community College Foundation
- Past member of New Hartford’s Board of Selectmen
- Past member of New Hartford’s Board of Finance and Water Pollution Control Authority