What does an Executor and Trustee do?
Your executor is the person you select to have the legal responsibility to settle your estate when you die. He or she will:
- Coordinate probate matters with your family attorney
- Take custody of and value all your estate assets
- Pay all creditors’ claims
- Close your bank and investment accounts and transfer them to newly created estate accounts
- Distribute your assets to the beneficiaries you’ve chosen in your Will
Your trustee is someone you choose to be legally responsible for managing, investing and distributing your trust assets in accordance with your wishes, and for acting in the best interests of your beneficiaries. His or her responsibilities include:
- Filing income tax returns of the trust
- Trust accounting and administration
- Investment management trust assets
- Trust distributions to beneficiaries in accordance with the trust terms
- Regular communication with and reporting to all of your trust beneficiaries
- Coordinating trust distributions with public assistance payments to a special needs beneficiary
Who do I choose?
In choosing an executor or trustee, you need to consider who:
- has the skills to make certain that your final wishes are faithfully carried out
- can make certain your beneficiaries are cared for as you intended
- can ensure that what you leave behind is used to enrich the lives of your beneficiaries
- can appropriately manage, invest and distribute your lifetime of savings
- can ensure that your years of hard work are not squandered
At the same time, you may be concerned about:
- relieving your loved ones from the burden of settling your estate and/or managing your trust
- minimizing potential conflict among family members
- not having someone close enough to entrust your estate to
Why choose CzepigaDalyPope?
You can be certain that your estate will be settled and your affairs managed in a professional, compassionate and dignified manner…precisely the way you intend. And there will be no strings attached.
We understand the privilege and duty that comes with being legally responsible for overseeing your family wealth. We can shoulder the responsibility of settling and administering your estate or trust to make it easier on your loved ones.
Impartiality. Compounding the complex and diverse responsibilities of an executor or trustee are the ever present personal dynamics of the family and beneficiaries. When you choose CzepigaDalyPope, many of these complexities and dynamics are alleviated and family strife, if any, is reduced or eliminated.
Qualifications. We are trained in the complexities of estate settlement and trust administration, and in the complicated area of estate and trust taxation.
Continuity. After drafting your Will and your Trust, the knowledge we gain allows us to provide meaningful continuity in serving as your executor and trustee so matters unfold exactly as you wish.
Experience. We’ve been working in estate settlement and trust administration for a very long time – there is little we have not seen. Why expose a loved one to challenges if you don’t need to?