Job Description: Legal Secretary
Summary: The Legal Secretary is responsible for performing clerical and administrative tasks under the supervision of the Litigation Paralegal in the Berlin office. Primary responsibilities will include client/attorney contact via telephone and e-mail including all follow-up contact; scheduling appointments, filing, and preparing/mailing correspondence and any/all related enclosures.
Reporting Relationship: Reports to Litigation Paralegal.
Part Time: 20 hours/week.
Duties and Responsibilities: Performs a wide variety of administrative/clerical functions to support Litigation Department.
- Scheduling – Coordinates and schedules conference calls, meetings and other related events on the calendar for Litigation Attorney in accordance with instructions; keeps track of calendared events and prepares follow up communications as needed.
- Copying/Scanning – Prepares copies of all correspondence and related enclosures/attachments to appropriate files. Scans miscellaneous documents as needed and saves the documents to the appropriate matter in PC Law with a strong attention to detail. Prepares copies of trial/deposition exhibits.
- Filing – Prepares physical file folders for Litigation files; retains, organizes and files hard copies of all documentation in physical files.
- Communications – Receives and redirects incoming calls to Litigation Department.
- Other Duties – Performs other litigation support duties as assigned (dependent on trial schedule).
Qualifications & Skills:
- High school diploma.
- One or more years of experience working in a professional office environment.
- Excellent communications skills including correct use of spelling and grammar.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Outlook and Excel.