Paralegal: Medicaid and Public Benefits Department
The Medicaid paralegal’s primary responsibility is to process Title XIX applications, communicate with clients while guiding them through the process, communicate with DSS, and work under strict deadlines. The paralegal also supports attorneys with various tasks including monitoring calendar daily, providing status updates, meeting with clients and preparing for upcoming meetings. Two or more years of experience working in an administrative assistant, legal assistant, or paralegal position in a law office a plus.Qualifications & Skills:
- Associates Degree or Certificate in paralegal studies from an ABA approved program.
- Two or more years of experience working in a law firm.
- Excellent client service and communications skills – both oral and written.
- Excellent proof reading skills and attention to detail.
- Solid organizational skills, ability to prioritize tasks.
- Prior experience with tax returns a plus.
- Ability to work independently, and ability to follow through to the completion of a matter.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office Applications including Word, Outlook and Excel
- Ability to anticipate client needs.