Special Needs Planning Blogs & Videos
We understand there's a lot to know. And that many of the issues you are navigating can be complicated…and confusing.
We believe the more information we provide, and the better informed you are about the topics that pertain to you, you will be in a strong position to advocate for yourself or for a loved one. Here are some helpful resources for you. And if you'd like to see additional information added, feel free to let us know.Blogs
- 5 Things to Think About When Your Child With Special Needs Turns 18
- How to Solve Housing Problems for a Loved One With Special Needs
- 5 "Smart" Devices That Can Be Life Changing
- Connecticut Residents With Special Needs: You Don’t Have to Wait
- Adaptive Sports: Reconnecting With What You Love
- March is National Developmental Disabilities Month: What You Should Know
- How a Special Needs Trust Changed My Life
- Create Your Last Will and Testament: Your Child with Special Needs Deserves It
- 10 Things You Must Ask When Choosing a Trustee for a Special Needs Trust
- Special Needs Trusts: Who Should Be Trustee?
- 5 Steps to Take Now for Your Child with Special Needs
- Guardianship and Protecting Your Loved One with an Intellectual Disability
- Accessible Summer Fun
- Tax Free Savings: First ABLE Accounts Go Live
- 13 Things You Must Know About Divorce and Children with Disabilities
- How the ABLE Act Will Help People with Disabilities
- Fundraising: Make Sure the Money Goes Where You Want
- Compassionate Allowances: Fast Track to Social Security Disability Benefits
- Get the Help You Deserve with PLAN of CT
- Family Caregivers – Yes You Can Take a Vacation!
- What You Should Know About Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI)